Thursday, May 10, 2012

My Quest

Where do I belong in this world? How can I still be asking this same question? How many continents must I travel before this yearning will be resolved? I've left my mark all over this planet .. from one cage to another. Always seeking the next adventure hoping this will be the answer. But it never is. Am I the only one who can't find a home for this heart? How have my friends found such peace in this everyday existence .. why have I, not? Something is wrong with me .. though you may never acknowledge it .. i will tell you upfront. I have never felt at home in this world. I have never found rest for my soul. I have never experienced total peace. I have never fit in. I have never belonged here. The only question that consistently remains .. how much longer until I'm authorized to leave? When will you take me so I can finally be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment